Two months after the release of version 2.0, the Daily Maui Photo App now has native support for the iPad! Now, you have yet another option to enjoy your Daily Dose of Aloha wherever you go.
It’s been a busy year so far updating my first iOS application, so how about we get caught up on the latest details…
Latest iPhone and iPad Releases
Version 2.1 is the latest release at the time of the writing. With it, full native support for the iPad is now available, along with the following features:
- Browse the last 18 daily photos featured on our website.
- Full screen Map View to browse recent photos from all across the island.
- Support for Retina display in new iPad (3rd Gen).
Earlier in the year, the iPhone version was completely rewritten from the ground up to support iOS 5.0. In addition to being rewritten, the following features were added as well:
- Added higher quality images to support devices with Retina Displays.
- Added Twitter support using built-in iOS Twitter integration.
- New Banner Notifications using the Notification Center in iOS 5.
- Improved scrolling and UI features.
- Added full screen mode for viewing photos and captions.
- New Menu button with links to More Maui resources.
- Added Facebook logout option in Menu settings.
- Added option for Rating the App in the App Store.
- New option for sharing the App with friends by email or social media.
Learn more about on the App support page.
As they say on the islands – Talk Story means to chat with friends, tell stories, and share memories. Here, it follows the same spirit. I’d love to hear from you on your thoughts, suggestions, issues, questions, or anything else related to this App. Or anything Maui, for that matter.
Along those lines, I’ve made the extra effort to build in direct contact options into both versions of the App, as well as creating an official Facebook Page for the Daily Maui App for iOS right here.
Stop by and leave some of your Aloha there.
Leave a Review
If you’ve already downloaded the App (or are thinking about it now) and enjoy these photos everyday, it would be great if you decided to leave a rating or review in the App Store. I purposely left out those nagging “Rate Me” alerts in this App – but that doesn’t mean I can’t leave a nice subtle reminder here, right?
Getting this latest release launched for the iPad was a major milestone for me – seeing that it’s another great leap to reach a larger and expanding device base.
Yet, as happy as I am to launch this version, I’m even more excited to move on to my 2nd Maui App already. In fact, I have 2-3 more ideas taking up space on my project list for the year at the moment, so stay tuned here and on Facebook for more updates in the coming months.